For all enquiries please email email@example.com
|Midweek (Mon-Thurs)|| $275 per night
|Weekends/public holidays (Fri-Sun)||$395 per night|
|Minimum two-night stay.
|Midweek (Mon-Thurs) - three nights||10% discount|
|Weekends (Fri-Sun)||10% discount
|Three consecutive nights only. Please note that these special rates do not apply during school holidays or on public holidays.|
Additional accommodation fee: The above tariffs are based on an occupancy of four people. There is an additional set-up/linen fee of $45/night for a fifth person.
There is no additional cost for babies or small children sleeping in cots.
Enjoy 10% discount on all your purchases at the Berkelouw Book Barn (excluding rare books and giftware). Discount only valid at the bookshop, not at the restaurant or cellar door.
Terms and conditions
The Book Barn Cottage has been decorated with quality furniture, books, paintings, prints and possessions. We’ve invested a lot of time and love in renovating the property, so we ask that you treat the cottage as if it were your own home. It’s a beautiful and comfortable place to relax, and we hope you enjoy the cottage and return often.
1. Check-in: No earlier than 2pm, unless otherwise arranged with the owner. Please call into the Book Barn (down the drive) to collect the keys. Should you intend to arrive after 5pm, we will make arrangements with you personally about key collection.
2. Check-out: No later than 11am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged with the owner.
3. Use and guest numbers: The cottage is available for holiday rental only—that is, there are to be no parties or functions without prior written approval from the owner. We cannot accommodate more than five adults in the cottage overnight and there is a $45/night set-up/linen fee for the fifth person. The outlined rates above are based on four people. Small children are very welcome. Please provide your own travel cot. There is no additional charge for babies and small children sleeping in a travel cot. Smoking is not allowed inside the cottage.
4. Excess cleaning and damages: Please respect our lovely cottage and leave it tidy. Furniture must be left in the same location in which it was found. Please ensure that dishes and cooking utensils are washed and put away before departure. Additional cleaning time will result in a charge of $38 per hour.
We understand that accidental breakages occur. Please advise us of any breakages, so we can replace the item(s). Damage through misuse will incur a repair or replacement charge, plus a 15% administration fee.
There is an additional $50 charge for pets.
5. Payment policy: We require a deposit of 50% at the time of booking and the balance of payment 30 days before you arrive. We will also require your credit card details to keep on file as security against loss or damage. Your credit card will only be charged in case of breakage, loss or damages and/or excess cleaning.
6. Cancellation policy: Cancellation charges will apply as follows:
no cancellation fee will be charged up to 30 days prior to your arrival; however, any cancellation incurs a $35 administration charge.
14–29 days prior to your arrival—25% of accommodation charge as booked.
less than 14 days—50% of accommodation charge as booked.
less than 48 hours or no show—100% of accommodation charge as booked.
If you have to cancel your booking, please let us know as soon as possible. We will not charge a cancellation fee if we are able to re-book your dates.