The Book Barn Cottage
Formerly Bendooley Estate’s gatekeeper’s residence, the Book Barn Cottage is a beautifully appointed, fully self-contained house. Refurbished in contemporary style, this two-bedroom weatherboard bungalow exudes warmth, ambience and country elegance. The cottage comfortably sleeps five people.
Apart from crisp white linen, organic toiletries and other little luxuries, our cottage contains a vast collection of books. It’s perfect for a romantic escape or for a weekend with family or friends. Many of our brides hire the cottage over their wedding weekend, so they can prepare for the big day in style and relax and rejuvenate afterwards.
A good coffee, a glass of wine or a sumptuous meal are just metres away at Bendooley Estate Restaurant, inside our famous Book Barn.
The cottage is family-friendly, fully fenced and filled with books and games for little people. Take a nature walk and stop for a hot chocolate in the Book Barn on the way back.
There is Plenty To Do ...
On the property:
- wander through the vineyards
- invite friends over for a barbecue
- wander over and browse in the Book Barn
- drop by our Cellar Door for a drink or some wine tasting
- visit our restaurant for superb food, great coffee and treats
Beyond the property:
- play golf at one of the five major 18-hole courses in the area
- visit nearby historic Berrima, just five minutes away
- visit one of the many cellar doors, antique shops, galleries and boutiques in the surrounding towns and villages
- dine at one of the upmarket cafés or restaurants in the area
- go bushwalking or horse-riding, or visit the spectacular Fitzroy Falls
- visit the famous Bradman Museum and The International Cricket Hall of Fame
- in September and October, admire the beautiful tulip display in Corbett Gardens
- meander around one of the many renowned cold-climate open gardens in the area
- check out the many local markets in one of the picturesque Southern Highland villages
- king-size bed, two king single beds + single trundle (sleeps 5)
- quality linen, towels and organic toiletries
- generous built-in wardrobes in both bedrooms
- complimentary tea, coffee, drinking chocolate and milk
- ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning, fireplace (wood supplied) and electric blankets
- gas barbecue and outdoor settings
- fully equipped kitchen and laundry
- flat-screen TV, DVD/CD player and iPod dock
- no smoking
- pets on request only